- Responsible for counting the cash drawer upon start and end of shift.
- Checks Front Desk log book for any special requests, problems, etc.
- Updates Credit Exemption Report daily and notifies guests if additional monies or credit approvals are required or if any problems arise.
- Checks reservations against in-house guests for duplication.
- Maintains regular contact with the Housekeeping office to communicate the status of rooms.
- Handles guest check-ins and check-outs throughout shift.
- Assigns rooms to all guests and sells rooms from the deluxe category down. Maintains a high average room rate. Handles room and rate changes with management consent.
- Explains in-room and hotel features, key operation, places of interest, etc., to arriving guests.
- Maintains Source of Business Report.
- Responsible for completing all required shift paperwork and reports accurately. Completes all end of shift closing procedures and ensures that the cash drop is accomplished.
- Responsible for the print-out of guest and administrative phone charges, if not automated, during the business day.
- Maintains a clean and organized Front Desk at all times.
- Responsible for recording and making all guest wake-up calls properly, as well as courtesy/welcome calls to newly arrived guests.
- Responsible for answering the switchboard in a timely and courteous manner and taking accurate phone messages. Checks arrival dates on all reservation forms to ensure accuracy.
- Works closely with other Front office and Reservation department associates.
- Distributes guest mail and stores room keys in the designated place.
- Communicates all important information to following shift to ensure a smooth transition.
- Responds to all emergency situations in accordance with proper policies and procedures and common sense.
- Must wear appropriate uniform and maintain personal cleanliness.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Calculator/Adding Machine, Switchboard, Reservation Terminal, Credit Card Terminal, Front Desk Register/Computer
- Must be able to speak, read, and write basic English to communicate effectively with all guests, hotel management and staff and to complete all required paperwork.
- Must have a friendly, helpful personality, able to handle stress and guest relations pleasantly and effectively.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented to facilitate accurate completion of all required forms and procedures.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time (up to four hours in length). Requires walking, fingering, reaching, and bending frequently.
- Must have a basic knowledge of local area to facilitate guest needs such as giving directions, identifying local attractions, restaurants, etc.
- Training in providing quality guest service.
- Telephone sales training.
- In-depth training of reservation terminal and Front Office system.
Guest Services Supervisor
Assistant General Manager/Rooms Division Manager